Both products may look alike from a distance and are usually misunderstood to be the same, but the purpose and benefits from these products are vastly different. Homeowners are to be aware of their product choices that would affect their standards of living.
Designed with the purpose of preventing mosquitoes from entering the enclosed premises, made mainly from cotton, polyethylene, polyester, polypropylene, or nylon threads woven together to form a net-like structure with a net thickness around 0.6 to 0.8 mm.
Prevention of insect borne diseases is a need mostly overlooked by homeowners especially being situated in a tropical climate country such as Malaysia. Mosquitoes tend to thrive in such climates due to the atmospheric humidity causing high cases of dengue and malaria.
The installation of mosquito nets are mainly done by suspending it to a thin metal frame or attached using magnets.
Drawbacks of mosquito nettings:
- Does not provide any security features
- Easily tempered by intruders by using a simple box cutter, scissors or wire cutters
- Not long lasting (cheap metals rust and the magnetic sticker loses its magnetism overtime)
- Metal used for the netting corrodes and rust easily
- Seen as old-fashioned and not aesthetically pleasing
- Multipoint locks are not available
Security Mesh System
With the advancement of mesh technology, Panther Protect Security Mesh Systems have revolutionized the conventional mosquito netting to provide not only the protection from insects/pests but also deter intruders from entering the premises.
Made from high grade SS316 stainless steel wires woven together to form a mesh-like structure with a thickness of 0.9mm to 1.0mm, secured by 6063 T6 architectural grade alloy placing the security mesh system to be the superior form of protection.
Moreover, the security mesh system is secured by multipoint locks to prevent further tempering and adding another tier of security.
The benefits of a security mesh system extends to:
- Providing the same insect/pest-prevention benefits as mosquito netting
- Secures the home by deterring intruders from entering
- Sturdy and long lasting (Corrosion and Rust Resistant)
- Warranty coverage up to 10 years
- Fully customized to fit the home structure
- Modern and sophisticated design